Frequently Asked Questions
Click question to see answer
- Do I have to pay sales tax on my on-line order?
Sea Eagle will only charge sales tax if the order is picked up or shipped anywhere in New York State, as is required of us by law.
- Can I put a dog in a Sea Eagle?
Yes. All of our boats are tough enough to accomodate your pet.
- What kind of battery do I need for my electric motor?
Most traditional electric motors require a 12 volt, deep cycle marine battery. Sea Eagle does not carry or sell these batteries, however you can find them easily in most local marine or sporting good stores.
- Where do I keep the battery for the trolling motor?
You can store the battery on the floor of the motormount and transom boats. For the Paddleski, there is a motormount board that the battery sits on the side.
- How long will a fully charged battery last with my electric motor?
If you are using your boat at top speed continuously you will have about 1 1/2 - 3 hours with your battery.
If you use your battery sparingly and shut the motor off at your desired location you can get up to a week on a fully charged battery.
- Are the boats Coast Guard approved?
Although Sea Eagle Boats are durable enough to use for rescue applications, they are designed with leisure in mind. The United States Coast Guard only rates and approves inflatable boats designed specifically for life-saving applications. Our Sea Eagle models are NMMA, ISO & CE Certified.
- Do I have to register my boat?
You are required to register your boat if you put a motor on it. You will receive a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin and a Bill of Sale that is needed for registration.
- Can I inflate my boat with an air compressor at the gas station or any type of air compressor?
NO. Air compressors deliver more pressure than necessary and can overinflate or permanently damage your Sea Eagle. We recommend using only pumps approved and offered by Sea Eagle.
- Can I mail in a check or money order?
Yes. You can mail a check or money order payable to
19 North Columbia St, Suite 1
Port Jefferson NY 11777
Checks and Money Orders must be in US dollars payable to Sea Eagle, drawn at a US bank and payable in US. Personal Checks and Money Orders will take 10 business days to clear once received and orders will not be shipped out until they have.
- How can I tell if my boat is fully inflated?
Each Sea Eagle model has its own recommended pressure for full inflation. You should always refer to your instruction manual for the designated pressure. Sea Eagle models SE-8, SE-9, 124SMB and Sport Kayak SE-330 & SE-370 feature an inflation gauge to ensure proper inflation. We also offer several different types of electric pump (for different types of Sea Eagle’s) which can be set to the recommended pressures and will shut off automatically once your Sea Eagle is fully inflated.
- Where is my nearest dealer?
For a complete list of dealers, please visit www.seaeagle.com/Dealers.aspx. Not all dealers have all our boats on display, so be sure to call first.
- What is the recommended shaft length to use on my Sea Eagle?
We recommend using a 30” to 42” shaft length for standard electric motors and a 15” short shaft for gas engines. The Torqeedo Electric Motor 1003s (23.2" shaft) is good for use on our Frameless Pontoon Boat, 375FC FoldCat, Motormount Boats, PaddleSki, Sport Runabouts 10.6SR, 12.6SR and our 8.10YT Yacht Tender. The Torqeedo Electric Motor 1003L (28” shaft) is recommended for use on our larger 440FC FoldCat, SailCat & 14SR Sport Runabout.
- Do international orders and orders from Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Guam get FREE SHIPPING?
The FREE SHIPPING offer is valid only for GROUND SHIPMENTS to the 48 contiguous United States and only applies to orders for BOAT PACKAGES. It does NOT apply to foreign orders or orders to be shipped to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Guam. Unfortunately international shipping/air freight charges are too steep to absorb for us. However, we do our best to shop & negotiate international freight rates for our foreign orders and orders to be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Guam.
- How do I calculate international shipping charges (EXCLUDING CANADA)? How do I calculate shipping charges for Guam and US Virgin Islands?
Our web site is equipped to give you a freight quote for your country. Just place the items that you wish to order in the shopping cart. While checking out just select your country from the drop down menu and type in your postal code and e-mail address. Once you click on "Secure Checkout", you should be able to get a freight quote on the next screen. Till this stage you will not be asked for any credit card or personal information.
You may continue to finish the order by filling up the order form if the shipping is acceptable to you.
1) All the figures on our web site are in US Dollars.
2) Shipping charges that you see on our website do not include any Import Duties or Local Taxes in your country. Please check with the Customs Authorities in your country for information on Import Procedures, Import Duties and Local Taxes that you need to pay at the time of import. The Harmonized Tariff Number for our boats is 8903.10.00.00 and for boat parts only is 39126.96.36.199.
- How do I calculate shipping charges for Canada?
Our web site is equipped to give you a freight quote for Canada. Just place the items that you wish to order in the shopping cart. While checking out just select "Canada" from the drop down list of countries and type in your postal code and e-mail address. Once you click on "Secure Checkout", you should be able to get a freight quote on the next screen. Till this stage you will not be asked for any credit card or personal information. You may continue to finish the order by filling up the order form if the shipping is acceptable to you.
Please note, for all Canadian orders we take care of customs clearance and provincial taxes. So we charge everything upfront for all Canadian orders. This way Canadian customers do not have to deal with customs or the carrier. Orders are simply delivered at the customers doorstep everything prepaid.
- How do I calculate shipping charges for Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico?
Our web site is equipped to give you a freight quote for Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico. Just place the items that you wish to order in the shopping cart. On the shopping cart page just type in your 5-digit Zip Code and your e-mail address. Once you click on "Secure Checkout", you should be able to get a freight quote on the next screen. Till this stage you will not be asked for any credit card or personal information. You may continue to finish the order by filling up the order form if the shipping is acceptable to you.
- Are inflatables permitted in my area?
Rules and regulations vary from state to state and from place to place and it is suggested that you contact your local DMV or water authorities on the subject.
- How much water does an inflatable boat need?
The boat itself needs only inches of water. Outboard motors need a little more depth, depending on the tilt angle.
Most motors can operate at a slow speed at an angle that doesn't need more than a foot of water. To operate at full speed, you need to be absolutely certain that there are no rocks around and that there is no chance of running the motor into the ground.